These diy round pillows are perfect for some extra coziness while chilling in your bed.
Pillows are perfect for decoration. They add extra coziness to your place and serve as a way to express your style. Depending on the fabric(s) and colours, you can use them on the bed or the sofa.
In this post, I’m sharing a tutorial on how to make diy round pillows. The process takes around 30 minutes for each pillow, For a pillow, you can use basic materials. It’s easier to sew with a steady fabric.
Related article: how to make a cylinder felt basket
how to make diy round pillows
Materials you will need:
- paper template
- stuffing of your choice (mine was fiberglass)
- thread (matching to the color of the fabric) & needle
- sewing machine
- Create a round template by folding the piece of paper in half and cutting out a half circle (my circle has a diameter of 23 cm).
2. Unfold the template and pin it to the fabric.
3. Cut around the template, leaving 1 cm seam allowance.
4. Pin the template to the fabric again and repeat step 3. You should have two equally sized circles.
5. Unrepin the template. Lay circles on top of each other and pin them together.
6. Sew around the edges with 1 cm seam allowance, leaving an opening of 3-5 cm.
7. Clip seam allowance. Be careful; you don’t want to cut the seams. This will make the pillow look better.
8. Turn the pillow right side out and stuff the pillow to desired fullness. You can over-stuff slightly because the stuffing will settle with use.
9. Pin the edges together and hand sew the opening.
10. You’re done!
Hope you like this easy diy project! I would love to know your opinion about my round pillows, so if you’ve got anything in your mind, leave me a comment below!
Like this post? Pin it!
Goodbye until next time! – Angeliki