I’ve been wanting to make a heart cut-out dress since forever but I kept saying it and never actually doing it. As tomorrow it’s Valentine’s day, I decided to make it! This is not a difficult diy project, but you have to be careful.
You will need:
- A dress (I used a vintage one. Choose one of stiff fabric, as they work well.)
- Scissors & pins
- Chalk for marking at clothes
- Thread & needle
- Turn the inside out. With chalk for marking at clothes, trace a heart shape on the back of the dress or you can use a paper in case you are afraid that you will not make a proper heart. -in this case take a paper, trace a heart shape, cut and then pin it on the dress and trace the heart again there. As far as the size is concerned, you can trace either a small or a big heart. I chose a big one.
- Cut the heart out. It should look like this.
- Stitch all around the heart to prevent it from unraveling and you’re done!
Until next time!