Have you already decorated for Christmas? Are you decorating these days? Here’s a tutorial for a diy Christmas garland you can make today.
I’m the type of person who aims to decorate around the end of November, but somehow finish the Christmas decoration around the middle of December. Thank God, I mostly go for effortless and minimal decoration that can be done quickly. So, for this year’s decoration, I made a diy Christmas ball garland, and I’m totally in love with the result. Hope you like the diy Christmas garland too! You can make your own with this tutorial.
You will need:
- Christmas balls (color/style of your choice)
- Cut out a piece of ribbon around 10-12 cm long.
- Pass the ribbon through the hoop of the ball ornament, securely knot the ends and trim off excess ribbon.
- Do the previous step for all the Christmas ball ornaments.
- Cut out a piece of ribbon long enough for the space you want to decorate. Better use a measuring tape to see exactly the length of the space. Mine garland is 4,5 m long, but the length of the wall is 3,2 m (because of the curves of the garland). Better cut out a longer piece; you can always cut the excess.
- Pass the ribbon through the hanging and secure with a knot, around 30 cm from the beginning of the ribbon. Make sure that it’s firm at its place.
- Measure a distance of 10 cm and place another ornament.
- Repeat until you have used all the Christmas balls.
- Put it in its place and you are done!
I know that this garland is a no-brainer to make, so these are really not really instructions, but more like tips. Though, if you have any question, please leave a comment below, or send a DM on Instagram @obsessedmaker and I’ll answer you asap. So, what do you think about this diy Christmas garland?
Liked this post? Pin it!
Thank you for being here. Take care and see you soon! – Angeliki