Through searching my files, I noticed that I haven’t shared with you all the tutorial on how to make a diy double-sided throw blanket. Guess you all know how cozy and essential they are. This tutorial is simple and can be easily completed even by someone with little or no experience in sewing.
diy double-sided throw blanket
you will need:
- sewing machine
- 2 pieces of fabrics
- thread – same color(s) as the fabric(s)
- fabric scissors
- straight pins
Notes: 1. It’s up to you how big the throw blanket is going to be. Mine is huge, (2 x 2 meters). You can make it 1,8 x 1,8 meters or less. 2. You can choose your preferable fabric, but keep in mind that a soft and warm fabric is necessary for a throw blanket. Additionally, make sure that you prewash the fabric(s) before the sewing.
- Lay the first fabric down face up and the second fabric face down.
- Pin the edges of the fabrics together all the way around on each edge.
- Choose one side and leave a long gap (around 30-40 centimeters) in the middle, without straight pins.
- Sew along the edges leaving around 1,5 cm seam. Go all the way around, expect for the space I mentioned above.
- Use the hole to flip the blanket inside out once you have sewn around the edges.
- Pin again all the way around the edges.
- Topstitch around the edges leaving 1,5 cm seam.
- Trim leftover threads and you are ready.
That’s all, folks! Hope you liked this tutorial. Want to see more? Check this tutorial on how to make diy round pillows. Thank you for being here. Take care and see you soon!